Khardungla Top - Leh - Nubra Valley - Pangog Lake - Sham Valley
The Shyok River meets the Nubra or Siachan River to form a large valley that separates the Ladakh and Karakoram Ranges. The Shyok river is a tributary of the Indus river. The average altitude of the valley is about 10,000 ft. i.e. 3048 metres above the sea level.
Day 1: ARRIVE LEH
Arrival Leh Kushok Bakula Airport (This must be one of the Most Sensational Flights in the World. On a clear day from one side of the aircraft can be seen in the distance the peaks of K2, Nanga Parbat, Gasherbrum and on the other side of the aircraft, so close that you feel you could reach out and touch it, is the Nun Kun massif.) Upon arrival you will met by MT representative and transfer to Hotel for Check in. Complete day for rest and leisure to acclimatize followed by Welcome tea or Coffee at the Hotel. Evening visit to Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa & Leh Market. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 2: LEH EXCURSION TO INDUS & SHAM VALLEY REGION (90 KMS / 05 – 06 HRS)
Post Breakfast we proceed for Indus Valley Monastery Starting with Thiksey Monastery an impressive complex rising tier upon tier on a hill above the village, Shey Palace, The ancient capital of Ladakh, 3 Idiots Rancho School &Sindhu Ghat.
After visiting above places we drive towards Sham Valley and start our another sightseeing starting with Hall Of Fame (Museum Constructed by India Army) near Leh is worth a visit for every Indian, and proceed further to Gurudwara Patthar Sahib at an altitude of 3600 Mtrs about 22 Kms from Leh was constructed in memory of Guru Nanak Dev ji Nestled deep in the Himalayas, A drive of another 4 km took us to Magnetic Hill which defies the law of gravity. As you move ahead from Magnetic Hills, just before Nimmu Village, there comes a famous Confluence Of Two Rivers Indus River coming from Tibet (left) and Zanskar River coming from Zanskar Valley (right). Zanskar River is known for its famous Chadar Trek. Later we drive back to Leh. Dinner and overnight at Hotel in Leh.
Day 3: LEH (PANGONG LAKE EXCURSION) – 14,000 FT. (140KMS/4-5HRS ONE WAY)
After an early breakfast we leave for Pangong Lake through Changla pass 5486 Mtrs. The long easy ascent takes you to Changla pass through its winding roads passing through Sakti Village. Stop at the Changla Pass for a quick photograph session and drive down to the village of Tangtse, where you can relax for a cup of tea. Leaving Tangtse for Pangong you pass through few small villages of Changthang and finally you can have a sudden view of the Pangong Lake situated at 14,000 feet (4,267 m).
This famous blue brackish Lake of Pangong is 5/6 Kms wide and over 133 Kms long with half of its running the other side of the "INDO CHINA BORDER". One rarely feels so close to nature and environment and the scenery is unforgettable. After the success of 3 Idiots, this beautiful natural location has attracted more tourists from all over the world. After spending some time at Pangong We drive back to Leh in the late afternoon. Overnight at Hotel in Leh
Day 4: LEH–NUBRA VALLEY VIA KHARDUNG LA 18,390 FT. (120 KMS / 4 – 5 HRS)
Post breakfast we drive to Nubra Valley. The road journey from Leh to Nubra Valley passes over Khardung La (The Highest Motorable Road In The World) at 5,602 Mtrs / 18,390 Ft, around 39 km from Leh. From the pass, one can see all the way south over the Indus valley to seemingly endless peaks and ridges of the Zanskar range, and north to the giants of the Saser massif. Nubra Valley is popularly known as Ldumra or the valley of flowers. It is situated in the north of Ladakh between the Karakoram and Ladakh ranges of the Himalayas. The average altitude of the valley is 10,000 Ft. above sea level.
Upon arrival in Nubra we check in at our Camp / Hotel in Hunder for Overnight stay. In the evening you can walk around the tiny villages to see how the locals live in this part of the world. A visit to a Ladakhi home can be arranged. Overnight Stay at the Camp or Hotel.
Day 5: NUBRA VALLEY – LEH (120 KMS / 4 – 5 HRS)
Morning at leisure to explore the beauty of lake and later we drive back to Leh via Changla Pass 5486 Mtrs enroute visiting Hemis Gompa, the largest monastic foundation of Drukpa Kagyu Order of Tibetan Buddhism. And futher to Thiksey an impressive complex rising tier upon tier on a hill above the village and another 5 Kms driving through a picturesque landscape we reach to Shey Palace, The ancient capital of Ladakh &3 Idiots Rancho School. Drive further to Leh and check in at our hotel for Overnight
Day 6: DEPART LEH (FLY OUT)
Tour concludes. Mountain Trails A & E Pvt. Ltd. thanks you for your patronage and ensures a punctual transfer to Domestic Airport to catch the flight for your onward Destination.
Inclusions / Exclusions
THE ABOVE PACKAGE TOUR COST INCLUDES:-
- Assistance upon arrival at Kushok Bakula Rinpoche Airport,
- Traditional welcome in the Hotel with Welcome Drink (Hot Tea / Coffee / Kahwa) on arrival
- 04 Night Accommodation in Leh on twin sharing Basis as per the Itinerary with Breakfast and Dinner
- 01 Night Accommodation in Nubra on twin sharing Basis with all meals
- 01 Night Accommodation in Pangong on twin sharing Basis with all meals
- Morning Tea / Coffee with Biscuits on the day of departure
- Return airport and round trip transfers along with all sightseeing tours by Non-Ac Innova | Xylo | Mahindra XUV OR Tempo Traveler (as per the option selected by client) for all Categories except for Standard Package for which we’ll use Scorpio|Qualis OR Sumo Grand as per the itinerary
- Inner Line Permit (Wildlife, Red Cross & Environment fees)
THE ABOVE PACKAGE COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:-
- Any Airfare or GST (5%)
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices included”.
- The Services of Vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- Guide fee, Camera fee & any monument Entrances
- Medical & Travel insurance
- Any changes you may choose to make during your tour
- Additional costs due to flight cancellation, road blocks etc