Bagan - Inle Lake - Mandalay - Mingun - Yangon
On this fascinating 8 Day tour you’ll unlock the several of Myanmar’s greatest treasures, behold spectacular scenery, learn about different cultures, and experience the warmth and hospitality bestowed by the locals. From the spiritual heavyweight of Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon, historic kingdom of Mandalay and the ancient temples of Bagan to the picturesque Inle Lake, no one shows you Myanmar like Monks and Monkeys Travels.
Day 1: Arrival & Sightseeing around Yangon
Mingalar bar ! you will be welcomed by our Guide at Airport and transferred to hotel.
Start your Sightseeing of Yangon, formerly known as Rangoon. City tour, with as highlights our visit to the the massive reclining Buddha at Kyaukhtatgyi Pagoda; Kandawgyi Park; the royal floating barge named Karaweik Palace; and the world-famous golden stupa, Shwedagon Pagoda, whose golden dome rises 98 meters above its base and is covered with 60 tons of pure gold.
Stay overnight in Yangon.
- Included Activities : Arrival ; Touring in Yangon
- Journey time : Yangon Airport to Yangon city centre ~ 1hr (Car)
Day 2: Yangon - Heho - (by flight) - Inle Lake
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for the flight to Heho. Upon arrival at Heho, drive to Inle Lake.
Full-day tour of beautiful Inle Lake which is referred as the Venice of Asia, featuring stilt houses and villages, floating gardens, fishermen using ancient techniques such as leg-rowing, and, on the shores, workshops of traditional artisans, e.g. weavers and cigar-makers. Also included are visits to sanctuaries such as Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda and Nga Phe Chaung Monastery.
Stay overnight on Inle Lake.
- Included Activities :Boat trip on the Inle Lake
- Journey time :Yangon to Heho ~ 1hr (Flight)
Day 3: Indein Village/ Heho - Mandalay (by flight)
After early breakfast, explore the morning market around Inle Lake offers a good opportunity to meet many different local tribes. Continue to the western banks of the lake and travel down a small canal to Indein– a Pa-Oh village which is known for its stupa-covered hill with 1,054 stupas which were mostly constructed between the 17th and the 18th centuries. Spend time exploring Indein on foot, strolling around the village, visiting a local school and making your way to the top of the hill where you can wander amid the weather-beaten stupas and enjoy magnificent views of the lake below.
In the afternoon transfer by road to Heho airport and take a short flight to Mandalay. Stay overnight in Mandalay.
- Included Activities : Visit local market, explore Indein Ruins
- Journey time : Heho to Mandalay ~ 45 Mins (Flight)
Day 4: Mandalay & Mingun
After breakfast, transfer to the jetty for a pleasant boat ride upriver to Mingun. Upon arrival, explore the ruins of the vast Mingun Pagoda. Continue to the beautiful Hsinbyume Paya and the Mingun Bell, weighting 87 tons and being the world’s largest intact bronze bell. Sail back to Mandalay.
Continue visit to the Mandalay Palace, Shwenandaw Monastery– noted for its exquisite woodcarvings, gold leaf beating workshop and Kuthodaw Pagoda – known for containing the world’s largest book. Conclude the tour by visiting Mandalay Hill to watch the sunset and the panoramic view of the city.
Overnight in Mandalay.
- Included Activities :Boat trip to Mingun; Sunset at Mandalay Hill
- Journey time :Mandaly to Mingun ~ 1hr (Boat)
Day 5: Mandalay - Bagan
This morning we will drive to Amarapura, known as the City of Immortality. Visit Mahagandaryone Monastery which is the best place to experience the daily lives of the monks and walk over the U Bein, the longest teakwood Bridge in the world. After lunch depart Mandalay and 4 hours drive to Bagan.
Arrive Bagan in the evening and check in hotel.
Stay overnight in Bagan.
- Included Activities : Amarapura tour, Drive to Bagan
- Journey time : Mandaly to Bagan ~ 4hr (Car)
Day 6: Bagan
Today is thecomprehensive tour of Bagan - the beautiful ancient city, one of Myanmar’s premier historical and cultural centres, home to more than 2,000 temples and pagodas! Our tour includes shrines such as Ananda, Htilominlo, Thatbyinnyu, Dhammayangyi, Sulamani, and Shwezigon Pagoda, plus secular sights such as Nyaung U market and traditional workshops.
Stay overnight at Bagan.
- Included Activities : Bagan temples tour
- Optional Activities: Temple bike tour
Day 7: Bagan – Yangon (by flight)
After breakfst, continue your Bagan exploration with a mix of villages, the less visited temples andlandscapes.
In the late afternoon transfer to the airport for your onward flight to Yangon.
Stay overnight in Yangon.
- Included Activities :Bagan Tour
- Journey time :Bagan to Yangon ~ 1hr (Flight)
Day 8: Yangon - Departure
This morning is free for you to explore the city at your leisure with a car and guide available for further exploration or last minute shopping.Transfer to Yangon Airport for your onward flight . Goodbye Myanmar and we hope to serve you next time.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- 07 night hotel accommodation (twin/double share)
- 7 Breakfast, 6 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Private transport in air-conditioned vehicles
- 03 domestic flights
- Local English speaking Station guides
- Drinking water and refreshing towels on touring days
- Entrance fees for visits mentioned in program
- Boat fee in Mingun, Bagan and Inle Lake
- International flights to/from Yangon
- Travel insurance
- Visa stamp fees
- Early check-in & late check-out surcharge
- Personal expenses
- Meals & Drinks not mentioned
- Tips & gratuities for guide and driver
- Bank transfer fees for non-cash payments
- Tour Options (quoted separately)
- Balloon over Bagan (280 USD)
- Bike, Horse Cart Tour in Bagan (5USD+)
- Cooking Class, Kayaking in Inle Lake (15 USD+)